Some resume guidelines are essential for any resume.
- Always be accurate and truthful representing your work experience or education. One fabrication can be grounds for termination.
- Describe significant contributions at your current and previous positions and, if possible, how they impacted the bottom line.
- Summarize, but not at the expense of accuracy or completeness. A typical resume is one page in length but this depends on your particular background.
- Identify a personalized career marketing strategy, flesh out and frame your accomplishments, highlight your strengths, and accentuate your value.
- Proofread, your Final resume should be free of errors! Read backwards or type into wordprocessing software to check for spelling and grammar mistakes.
- List any professional certifications or designations you have achieved or are working towards such as CPA, MD, MBA etc., and any involvement with professional, trade, and civic associations.